In an effort to curb the driver shortage and create immediate jobs for transitioning military personnel, the U.S Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes Program (HOH), Kenworth, and FASTPORT have come together to award a fully-loaded T680 to a deserving veteran who enters the trucking industry.
Since nominations closed on June 30th, the exceptional pool of candidates has been narrowed to the elite Top 10.
The 10 finalists include:
- Robyn Hyde, MSR Transport (Central Tech Truck Driver Training) — U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserve
- Russell Hardy, Trimac Transportation (International Schools) — U.S. Navy and U.S. Army
- Edward Cavanagh, Stevens Transport (Ft Hood-Stevens Training Academy, Central Texas College) — U.S. Army and U.S. Army National Guard
- Steven Cassaday, Averitt (Miller-Motte Technical College) — U.S Coast Guard
- Christopher Phillip Fox, EPES Transport System (Johnson Community College) — U.S. Army
- Jonathan Perez, TMC Transportation (National Tractor Trailer School) — U.S. Air Force
- Kevin Scott, TMC Transportation (Truck Drivers Institute) — U.S. Army
- Eli Tollinchi, Werner Enterprises (Roadmaster Driving School) — U.S. Coast Guard
- Troy Davidson, Werner Enterprises (Truck Driver Institute) — U.S. Navy
- Brandon Douglas, Melton Truck Lines (American Truck Training) — U.S. Marine Corps
"Our selection committee was continually impressed with each nomination submitted to the Transition Trucking Award, and narrowing to the Top 10 was no easy task,” said FASTPORT President Brad Bentley. “Each of these finalists have shown exceptional success in the trucking industry and has tied that success in some way back to their military training. It is even more evidence that the military hard-wires our veterans to succeed in trucking that each of the five United States military branches are represented in the Top 10 finalists.”
The Top 10 Finalists will be recognized at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, TX on August 26, 2016 where the Final 3 will be announced. In addition to receiving prize packs, the remaining contestants will be interviewed by Hiring America and create a video profile, which will be posted on Hiring America’s website where the general public can vote for their favorite finalist.
For more information, please visit transitiontrucking.org.